It’s been quite a busy weekend writing-wise – did a chapter of my book yesterday and two blog posts. Then just as I was about to sleep I got an email with a notification from awesome blogger Colin Bisset, telling me that he was nominating me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Needless to say, I was made up. Thanks Colin!
So, in order to accept this I have to follow the rules and this post is how I’ll do it. The Rules are:
- thank and link to the person who nominated you
- list the rules and display the award
- share 7 facts about yourself
- nominate 15 other blogs you enjoy then comment on their posts to let them know that you have nominated them.
Seven facts about me
1. I have a little dog called Little Dog
2. I lived in Paris for seven years but am now working in London
3. I spend at least one weekend per month in Paris
4. I’m a teetotal vegetarian (every dinner party host’s nightmare)
5. My favourite fiction is the Dark Tower series by Stephen King
6. My favourite non-fiction is Le Guide de Paris Mystérieux by Tchou
7. I am addicted to playing the game Smash Hit on my ipad
Here are my nominations for other Very Inspiring Blogger Awards. If you’re not already following these writers, hop to and get reading!
1. The Jellyfish Effect – relatively new blog by a talented writer who posts about feminism and psychology
2. A Dream to Paris – a Canadian woman’s journey from dreaming about living in Paris to actually doing it. A fun, friendly read.
3. Rethinking Life – creative writing, drawings and snippets of an interesting life in the US.
4. Sanslartigue – stunning photographs of cities across the world.
5. Amsterdamming – Andra from Bucharest explores a new life in Amsterdam.
6. Trudy Mason – artist who recently spent a few months documenting a life-changing trip to France.
7. No Love Locks – the campaign to prevent people vandalising Paris with padlocks.
8. Simply Paris Photo – wonderful photographs of Paris.
9. Raven Crime Reads – reviews of crime novels that make me wish I had more time to spend in bed with a good book!
10. So I Tied An Onion To My Belt – amazing photography that inspires me to travel.
11. Belleville Park Pages- a brilliant micro-press that publishes incredible new writers every fortnight.
12. Travel In Europe – because even though I obsessed with it, it’s not all about Paris.
13. Just Some Girl In France – great posts about life in Paris.
14. Vegan In Paris – essential reading because my aforementioned dietary requirements make Paris restaurants a tricky business.
15. Lynette Noni – writer, blogger, interesting read.
I read many more blogs than those 15 and appreciate every one of them. Thanks to you all for brightening up my wordpress reader and thanks again to Colin for the nomination!